Sunday, April 12, 2009

Here Comes Peter Cottontail!

I love EASTER! It is probably my favorite holiday, besides Christmas, Halloween and every other holiday! No really, I love spring! I love finding Easter eggs, the pretty spring colors, pretty Easter dresses and ties, tulips and daffodils etc. I love the renewal Easter brings. We had a wonderful time with Brian's family. Great food, lots of eggs to find and fun cousin time for the kids. The Easter Bunny successfully found our house and all were sufficiently spoiled. We have enough candy for our year supply but it will probably only last for the week! As I reflect on the "fun" of Easter my thoughts turn to Brian's dad. Gary was always so fun and even silly on the holidays. Being with his grandkids always seemed to bring out the kid in him. It was always so apparent the joy he felt when surrounded my those he loved. With his passing Easter has become a tender holiday in our home. We have had the opportunity to share our feelings about the Crucifixion and Resurrection with our children in a way that we may not have before. The doctrine of the Resurrection has taken on such personal meaning in our home. The first Easter Gary was gone the kids took some Easter eggs up to the cemetery for their Grandpa. A few days later we went back and the eggs were gone. Noah and Emma were so excited! They thought that Grandpa came back! They often ask, "When is Jesus coming back? We want to see Grandpa." How we wish we had an answer, how we wish we could see him too! I feel hope, joy and peace in knowing that I will see Gary again. This really is why I love Easter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Janna,
Thanks for this post! It's always fun to see how you guys are doing. I love Easter too! I'm grateful for the love you show our family and for my dad! I miss him so much but, I'm glad I have the knowledge that I'll see him again.

Cammee said...

Ok, your last 2 posts have made me cry. It's ironic that it takes adversity to REALLY appreciate the gift of the Atonement. We can't personalize it until we can use it.

Can I just tell you again how grateful our family is for you? You are an angel in just that right place at just the right time. I know it is a burden on you. Please know your effort does not go unnoticed and definitely does not go unappreciated. How will we ever be able to repay you?

Kandas said...

Great post and great reminder! Easter is wonderful and so comforting to think about! I don't know what I would do without the gospel and the knowledge of the plan of salvation!